Our baby Angel

Friday, August 15, 2008

Referral Time!!!!!!

I can't believe it is finally here! We received part of Angel's referral today....his history! Oh my, the Joy that is overflowing right now, is really undescribeable. We are waiting on a few more parts of his referral, and then we can officially say yes we want to adopt this precious little guy.

He is a little over 5 months right now, and weights 9lbs 13oz. He is little guy! He has been having a lot of episodes of dehydration, and some vomiting and diarrhea; but I know he is in good hands and that he is being taken care of. It is soo hard to hear about him being sick though, as a mother I just want to be there to hold him and make sure he is ok. It made me almost cry when I read it. Nate was overly emotional reading his history as well. If you are a parent, I'm sure you would know what I mean when I say "It pains us to know about him being sick."

On another note, we finally received our final homestudy today! Whoohoo!!! I can't believe we are almost to having our paperwork in Haiti.

We are just waiting on our psychological evaluation, once we receive this we will authenicate our document with the secretary of state. Next we will be mailing them off to LBB (Love beyond Borders). Were getting ready to send in our translation fee of $300, and they are going to start the translations to Creole (the language in Haiti), while we are waiting for the psych eval and authenicating.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

How exciting! And yet, it is definitely hard not to be there when our children are ill. I remember crying over my daughter's medical records one day several years after we adopted her (domestically) when I realized for the first time that she had undergone a spinal tap at just a couple of months old ... and I wasn't there to comfort her. We've also had one of our little guys in Haiti become ill, and it was hard. But, God holds them when we cannot! GOD bless.